Saturday, February 03, 2007

Windmill


Songwriter Matthew Thomas Dillon AKA Windmill, has been teasing us lately with video teasers for his debut album Pudding City Racing Lights.

The album was recorded during 2006 with a number of musicians that includes members of The Earlies' live band and Ian Smith formerly of Alfie, as well as co-producer Tom Knott. Of the twelve tracks featured, Tokyo Moon previously surfaced as a limited 7" last year on the Static Caravan label.

Speaking about his music, Windmill says: "I used to make demos in my bedroom, my bed covered in keyboards. I would imagine what kind of record I would be able to make with an acoustic piano, real strings, real drums and a studio...and earlier this year I got to do it."

Drawing comparisons to numerous US acts like Built To Spill, Guided By Voices and Mercury Rev, Windmill will release Puddle City Racing Lights on March 12th via Melodic.

Track Listing:

01. Tokyo Moon
02. Boarding Lounges
03. Flourescent Lights
04. Newsflash
05. Plastic Pre-Flight Seats
06. The Planning Stopped
07. Asthmatic
08. Fashion House
09. Plasticine Plugs
10. Tilting Trains
11. Fit
12. Replace Me






No comments: